Can-Tribute is BBYO's teen-led hunger awareness and advocacy campaign, and your opportunity to put an end to the hunger epidemic.
BBYO members and teens around the world will make this a happy and healthy New Year for the less fortunate. Now, through November 2, we’re raising awareness about hunger and collecting canned food for those in need as part our Can-Tribute campaign! The culmination of the food drive will be at locally hosted, exclusive to BBYO, pre-screenings of
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, where audience members will learn about hunger issues and ways to
continue to make a difference in their community.
See the Movie Before Anyone Else
Join us at exclusive pre-screenings of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 and learn more about hunger issues and ways you can make a difference.
- 1 in 7 people in America face hunger
- In the U.S. hunger isn’t caused by a lack of food, but rather the continued prevalence of poverty
- 40% of food is thrown out in the U.S. every year, or about $165 billion worth. All of this uneaten food could feed 25 million Americans
- Nearly 16 million children live ina food-insecure households
Last Year, 15,000 teens
collected 510,000 cans of food providing 374,0000 meals!
- Identify a community food bank that takes donations.
- Start your own food drive (work with your school, synagogue, youth group or community) and encourage everyone you know to support your efforts.
- Once you finish (by 11:59 PM PST on 11/2), submit your information by clicking below on “Take Action - Can-Tribute Now” along with the final number of cans/goods collected and some pictures of it all.
- Oh yeah! And you can win some amazing prizes! The teens that collect the most food will win a VIP experience to BBYO's The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 pre-screening in their community. Think: limos, amazing food and prizes all around. (First prize is for winner and 20 friends; second includes 10 friends, third, 5.)